What are Cocktail Bombs?
Cocktail bombs have taken the cocktail world by storm. They are unique, fun, and a great addition to any party or social gathering. But what are cocktail bombs, and how are they different from regular cocktails? In this article, we'll cover everything you need to know about cocktail bombs, from what they are to how they're made, and everything in between. So, let's dive in!
Cocktail bombs made by Poseidn can be in any shape you can imagine and contain a variety of ingredients designed to create a cocktail with little to no effort. They are typically made from a combination of fruit juices, sweeteners, spices, flavours, acid from citrus, and are often used to create visually stunning drinks that are both tasty and fun to look at.
What are Cocktail Bombs Made Of?
Here's a breakdown of the most common ingredients you'll find in a typical cocktail bomb from Poseidn:
- Sweetener: In the case of cocktails, sugar is a key ingredient, providing the sweetness that is typically found in cocktails. Although regular, well-sourced pure cane sugar is used in most of our current cocktails, we also use substitutes such as Stevia leaf, Monk fruit and premium sugar alcohols to limit the amount of sugar and calories in the products.
- Citric Acid: Citric acid is found naturally in citrus fruits (lemon, lime, etc) and is responsible for the tangy, sour taste of cocktail bombs. In Cocktail Bombs, citric acid is mainly used to balance the sugar and get the required taste. Almost all cocktails have some amount of sour taste and so this is a very common ingredient to make a great cocktail.
- Spices and herbs: In some Cocktail Bombs, spices and herbs are used to enhance the taste of the drinks. It is important to know that spices and herbs are fully natural. Some of them dissolve completely in liquid but others naturally don't. If you find yourself with microscopic particles in your glass, it is completely normal and simply means that this particular ingredient is not soluble. Give it a quick stir and you're back on track!
- Natural Flavours: Cocktail Bombs made by Poseidn contain natural flavours (and you should expect nothing less from any Cocktail Bombs you buy). Natural flavours are used to get the precise taste we love in cocktails. They are found in small quantities and can contribute to a memorable experience.
- Colours: Colours are necessary to improve the beauty of the products. Sometimes the other ingredients in the Cocktail Bombs have enough color. Other times, we need to add colorants to make the products look better and also the drink. Poseidn uses, for example, curcuma to improve the yellow colour, beet juice to improve the red colours, etc.
How cocktail bombs are made
The only way to make Cocktail bombs with amazing intricate shapes is with Poseidn’s proprietary technologies. They enable remarkable shapes, fast dissolution and no weird added ingredients!
Here is the process:
- Source premium ingredients to get the precise taste that is determined by renowned mixologist(s)
- Design an appealing shape using computed assisted drawing (CAD).
- Mix the ingredients into Poseidn’s patented equipment to form the ingredients into the desired shape.
- Seal the resulting products into a hygienic package for health safety.
There you go! This is how the most artistic Cocktail Bombs in the world are made in a nutshell.
Can I use cocktail bombs in non-alcoholic drinks?
Yes! Cocktail bombs are pefect for so called Mocktails. They can be used in a variety of beverages, including water, soda, lemonade, and even sparkling water. On each product page, you can find the instructions for a non-alcoholic drink variation.
How long do cocktail bombs last?
Cocktail bombs, when stored in a dry place, can last 18 months from the production date.
Are Cocktail Bombs gluten-free?
Hooray! Cocktail bombs made by Poseidn are gluten-free.
Cocktail bombs are a fun and creative way to add some fun to your drinks. Now that you know what cocktail bombs are, you can experiment with different flavors. Whether you're looking to impress your friends at your next party or just want to enjoy a fancy drink at home, cocktail bombs are a great addition to your bartending toolkit.
Just remember to store them dry!